Welcome to the Allied Health Library! Use the links below to find academic journal articles, study aids, and other information to use in your research project.
- More than 2,097 leading allied health and nursing journals going back decades.
- Also includes videos, dissertations, eBooks, and study paths
- The Basic Search Video provides quick video introduction.
- Free online medical database maintained by the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
- Click ‘Free full text‘ in the left hand filters to see only articles available for free
- Contains over 24 million full text records on all medical subjects
- Review the PubMed User Guide to learn more!
- Watch this 1 minute video to learn to limit your search to only resources in the medical area.
- Look for links to the PdFs on the right of the search screen.
- Continually updated list of major free medical websites on specialized topics such as:
- The BEPress Digital Commons Network is an open source institutional repository which makes the scholarly output of several universities and institutions freely available
- Medicine and Health Sciences subject area contains over 32,000 works from 203 institutions
- A tutorial on using the Digital Commons Network can be found here
- Brings together free resources from America’s archives libraries, archives, and museums
- Striving to contain the full breadth of human expression, this portal currently provide access to over 5,000,000 resources
- Use the bookshelf tab or the search bar to navigate to the search interface or find resources on a particular topic
- “The aim of the DOAJ is to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals, thereby promoting their increased usage and impact”
- Thousands of open access journals with full text articles
- Subjects covered include dentistry, medicine, nursing, public health and more.
Websites (by subject)