Data and Statistics
These resources can help you find valuable data and statistics on animal care and veterinary issues.
Ask-a-Librarian if you need help finding something specific or request a resource be added to our collection if you notice something we don’t have.
- Compiles the patient encounter data from North American veterinary medical colleges. Connected to the Canine Eye Registration Foundation, the Health Information Managers, Equine Eye Registration Foundation, and DNA Registration. Data available for a fee.
- From the National Library of Medicine; organizations and selected resources
- Includes reports on veterinary compensation, veterinary practices, pet ownership, veterinary specialists
- Designed to house all publically available QTL and trait mapping data (i.e. trait and genome location association data; collectively called “QTL data” on this site) on livestock animal species. Part of the National Animal Genome Research Program.
- Images and information from several of the world’s largest collections of well-preserved, sectioned and stained brains of mammals, principally those at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Michigan State University.
- A curated general-purpose repository that makes the data underlying scientific publications discoverable, freely reusable, and citable.